Hire Bella DePaulo to Speak at Your Event
Dr. Bella DePaulo has lectured nationally and interantionally. She is an engaging and accessible speaker who has addressed many different audiences. For example, she has given talks to high school teachers, mental health professionals, college students, judges, attorneys, law enforcement personnel, and physicists. She has spoken at women’s centers, college classes, luncheons, workshops, and conferences for writers and academics. She has also given readings and led discussions of her book, Singled Out, at bookstores and universities.
Among the many singles-related topics she can address are:
- How singles are changing the face of the nation, and the implications for the workplace, the marketplace, poliltics, and everyday life
- The myths about singles, including single men, single women, single parents and older singles
- What science really does say about happiness, health, and living longer
- Singles as a potential political force: From the margins to the polls
- Issues in working with singles (for therapists, counselors, etc.)
- Singles are stereotyped, stigmatized, and ignored, yet many still live happily ever after; how is this possible? What is it that single people have in their lives that is unrecognized or under-valued by society?
Dr. DePaulo is also an expert on the psychology of lying, including the role of deception in everyday life, and how ordinary people become extraordinary liars. She is available to lecture on those topics as well.
To learn more about the books Bella DePaulo has authored, click here.